A smile makeover doesn’t necessarily mean an overhaul. When it comes to smile makeovers, a little artistry goes a long way. The Palisades Dentists use biomimetic principles to help you achieve the radiant, healthy smile you’ve always wanted. Biomimetic dentistry uses a conservative, minimally invasive approach to restore your teeth to their natural form and function.
- Composite Bonding: To fill cavities, or to address chipped, gapped or stained teeth, composite bonding is a tooth-colored solution that blends naturally with your existing tooth structure. Using the highest standard techniques and isolation, our composite bonding can help you achieve your esthetic goals.
- Veneers: Veneers are a cosmetic solution to give your teeth a different shape, size, length or alignment. You can think of them as a thin shell of porcelain that bonds, or adheres, to your natural tooth structure. For a truly natural look, your dentist works with a ceramist to design each veneer during a multiple step process– good things take time. It’s important to sit down for a full consultation regarding your esthetic goals.
- Inlays/Onlays: Instead of cutting down healthy tooth structure to crown or cap a tooth, we use a conservative, minimally invasive approach to preserve your natural teeth as much as possible. If you have a cavity or a cracked or chipped tooth, we have the technology to adhere a custom-made, porcelain inlay or onlay (you can think of it as sort of a puzzle piece made just for your tooth) to make your tooth whole again. Your tooth will not only look better and more natural, but it will also be stronger than before using research-based, clinically-proven adhesion.
- Whitening: One of the simplest ways to give your smile a boost is to brighten it up! There are a variety of options to whiten your teeth. Not everyone will have the same results using one particular method. We can evaluate your smile to see which of our in-office, or custom, take-home methods will get you lasting results you want.
We take pride in providing our patients a comfortable environment with the best dental chairs on the market, streaming media, and painless dentistry technology. However, we also offer our patients sedation for more involved procedures, or if the patient just prefers to be “asleep” for even simpler procedures. Ask about your options and inquire if you would be a candidate.
Sedation Dentistry Methods
- Oral Conscious Sedation: This form of sedation is taken in pill form. Prior to your appointment, you are prescribed a medication to take a few hours or even the night before your appointment. Patients remain awake, but completely relaxed during treatment. You will need a driver to take you home after your appointment.
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): A breathable gas, nitrous oxide takes effect immediately after inhalation. This is mixed with oxygen to provide a safe and effective means of stress reduction. Patients remain awake and alert during treatment– the gas takes the ‘edge’ off of your anxiety so you feel comfortable. Because the gas wears off immediately after being inhaled, you are safe to drive yourself home.
- IV Sedation: IV sedation is used to allow the surgeon/anesthesiologist to administer anti-anxiety medications directly to your bloodstream. It allows the the patient to sleep peacefully during their treatment. IV Sedation can be controlled and the patient is closely monitored during treatment. You will need a driver to take you home after your appointment.
"...all in all a great experience in their office, both during and after any procedure."
"The office is beautiful."